Providing Academic Excellence
Academic excellence doesn't happen by accident - it takes hard work and everyone working together.
- UCS students outpace their county, state and national peers in career and college readiness.
- The UCS graduation rate is 92.4 percent - 12 points higher than the state average.
- UCS high schools – Eisenhower, Henry Ford II, Stevenson and Utica – and the Utica Academy for International Studies have been named among the most academically challenging high schools in the nation by The Washington Post.
- UCS won recognition from the National Association of Music Merchants Foundation (NAMM) as one of the nation’s Best Communities for Music Education for the past three years.
- The average daily attendance rate of approximately 95 percent demonstrates UCS students are ready and committed to their learning.
- UCS offers nationally-recognized Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate programs.
- Nearly 150 graduates were honored with a Seal of Global Language for demonstrating proficiency in two or more languages.
Promoting Student Innovation
- UCS is giving students a competitive edge for future jobs through:
- Teaching coding at all grade levels
- Offering 3D printing
- Virtual Reality technology
- UCS partners with businesses and industries to offer real-world experiences.
- Comprehensive Career and Technology Programs
- UCS specialty programs: Utica Center for Science and Industry, Utica Center for Mathematics, Science and Technology and Utica Academy for International Studies
- Personalized blended learning in all K-2 classes
- Advanced junior high classes
- Exploratory Design and Engineering
- Digital Literacy and Design Media Course
- Engineering I and II