Welcome to Utica Community Schools
Welcome to the Utica Community Schools
Where Every Child Achieves!
As a member of our Utica Community Schools family, your child will have access to comprehensive academic programs in a safe and nurturing setting. Each of our more than 1,300 teachers is highly-qualified to teach their subject or grade level, in order to make your child's school experience valuable.
We believe that your child's academic achievement will be strengthened by a positive partnership between home and school. Please take advantage of all available opportunities to keep lines of communication open. Attend Fall Open House and Parent-Teacher Conferences. Read the building newsletter and school web site for building-level updates. Consider joining the PTO or Booster Club to support building activities. You'll be glad you did!
General Enrollment Information
Children who will be five years old on or before September 1 of a school year and live within the Utica Community Schools are eligible to attend kindergarten (Please note - children who will turn five between September 1, 2015 and December, 2015 may enroll in kindergarten in 15-16 if parents complete a waiver). All children must be registered for school by their sixth birthday.
You may enroll your child in the school he or she will attend any time during the regular school year. If you are not sure which school your child will attend, call the Pupil Services Department at 586.797.1120.
When you register, please bring the following documents:
- Child's birth certificate
- Michigan driver's license, Michigan ID or appropriate employment picture ID
- Lease agreement, closing papers or property tax bill
- Most recent report card to assist with grade and class assignment (school officials will request transcripts from your child's previous school) and...
- Immunization records detailing the day, month and year your child was vaccinated against measles, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus, polio, hepatitis B and other serious illnesses. If you need more information on immunizations, please call 586-797-1120.
Click the graphic below for information on 2016-17 kindergarten registration.
Attention Non-resident families: Utica Community Schools offers limited Schools of Choice at the K-12 level. Please follow this link if you are a non-resident parent interested in our Schools of Choice program.
Please notify the school at the time of registration if your child receives specialized services.
Schools of Choice
Choose Success! Choose UCS!
Parents in Macomb County searching for a high-performing, college-culture school district need to look no further. With a caring staff, positive learning environment and a wide variety of academic programs and paths to success, Utica Community Schools fits the bill. Parents and students can rest easy knowing that once they are a part of UCS, they maintain a spot in the district until graduation. Parents who live in Macomb County or counties that directly border Macomb are eligible to attend UCS through Schools of Choice.
With a core curriculum that emphasizes the skills needed to succeed in a rapidly-changing global economy, UCS answers the needs of students and parents. Our parents are actively involved in their students' education and welcome the variety of options the district provides at every level to help them achieve. From all-day kindergarten to college and career readiness, our students gain the necessary edge they need to reach their dreams.
To learn more about UCS, browse our website, please visit the various links on this site or schedule a personal tour by contacting any of our principals.
Key dates for the application process are:
- Wednesday, March 16 - Kindergarten Informational Meetings. Parents interested in enrolling a 2016-17 new kindergarten student through Schools of Choice should feel free to attend an informational meeting at one of our 25 elementary schools. While the application process does not begin until later in March, attendance at the meeting will allow parents to meet UCS teachers and administrators, see our schools and learn more about our nationally-recognized kindergarten program.
- March 18, 2016 - Applications will be available for families who are applying to attend Utica Community Schools through Schools of Choice. If you would like one e-mailed to you directly, please contact Tim McAvoy, the director of school/community relations.
- March 21-September 9, 2016 - Application window for Schools of Choice
- April, 2016 - An open house will be held for parents interested in Schools of Choice. The exact date, time and location will be made available shortly.
If you have any further questions, please contact Tim McAvoy, the director of school/community relations or call pupil services at 586-797-1120.
Utica Community Schools students may attend Dual Enrollment college-level classes not offered by the school district, provided they have demonstrated proficiency on the high school Michigan Merit Exam (MME). Tuition is paid by the district for qualifying students who achieve passing grades in approved college courses.
Number Enrolled: 41
High School POP: 4362
% of High School Population: .0093993 (less than 1%)
- Tab 1
- Tab 2
- Tab 3
- Tab 4