2013-2014 Kindergarten Students
Parents of students who will be starting kindergarten this fall can begin the 2013-2014 registration process for Utica Community Schools.
Students are eligible for kindergarten if they turn five years old on or before November 1, 2013. Important note - parents of students who turn five between November 1 and December 1, 2013 are eligible to enroll in kindergarten if they submit a waiver form.
The district offers a full day kindergarten program for all students, a Montessori kindergarten, and a Mandarin Chinese immersion/traditional kindergarten program.
Below is a complete registration packet. Please complete, print and bring to registration at your school:
- Kindergarten Registration Forms (must be completed for all students beginning kindergarten in the 2013-2014 year)
- In addition, parents must also supply:
- An original birth certificate or certified copy, with raised seal, issued by the clerk of the county of where your child was born or the health department of the state of birth;
- Your child’s health immunization record; including vision and hearing screenings. Be sure to schedule immunization updates early – these appointments are often limited; and
- Two proofs of residency are required
- Photo I.D.
- Property tax bill, closing papers or lease agreement. Please know that we are not able to accept utility bills.
- Transportation Information
- Parents' Guide to Student Success - Kindergarten
- Kindergarten standards - mathematics
- Kindergarten standards - English language arts
The district offers a Schools of Choice program to all Macomb County residents and homeowners in areas of bordering counties serviced by the Macomb County Intermediate School District. For more information on the Schools of Choice options, please call 586.797.1120.
Below is a YouTube clip about our kindergarten program:
- Tab 0
- Tab 1