Dresden Points of Pride include:
- Dresden is a state of the art facility with immediate access to wireless technology throughout the building for promoting 21st century skills and every general education and special education classroom has an interactive whiteboard.
- In addition to every staff member being 100% highly qualified, all K-2 staff has received intensive professional development in the area of the blended learning model and science instruction. With our new reading series Reading Wonders being implemented this year our 3-6 grade staff has been trained through professional development in this as well as Discovery Science and the Leader in Me initiative.
- The teaching staff K-2 (including support staff) is devoted to early intervention through incorporating the personalized learning model into the classroom. We are continually monitoring progress and implementing interventions K-6 using the Multi-Tiered Support System model that addresses all student needs.
- Dresden’s teaching staff continually assess student achievement and utilizes research-based strategies and intervention in every classroom to meet student needs.
- Summer math and literacy lessons based on identified areas of need are developed and shared with students and parent and made available on-line for summertime fun.
- Students participate in numerous curricular and non-curricular enriched opportunities such as Academically Talented and Gifted Program, Student Council, Talent Show, , District Art Fair, Band, Honors Choir, Service Squad, and Safety Patrol. Fifth and sixth graders participate in a 4-H Outdoor Adventure Challenge Club. Our Staff and PTO together offer a Walk a Thon.
- The Future Educators from Henry Ford High School also support our teachers and students on a daily basis.