Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP)
The Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP) is a FREE preschool program funded through the Michigan Department of Education. Enrollment is limited to children determined to be most in need. Low/extremely low family income is a primary factor in determining eligibility when placing children into GSRP.
For the 2022-2023 school year, children must be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2022.
*Age waivers for students born between September 2, 2018 and on or before December 1, 2018 may be accepted after September 1, 2022.
Families will create an Eleyo account through Utica: https://ucscommunityeducation.ce.eleyo.com/
Families will complete the Great Start Readiness Program application through Eleyo.
A UCS GSRP representative will contact you to schedule an income eligibility appointment to complete the registration process and verify eligibility.
Families will complete the income eligibility appointment.
The following documents will be required for the scheduled appointment:
- Income documentation (2021 Federal Income Tax form (1040), W-2, check stubs (1 month of work), SSI, DHS, court-ordered child support, unemployment verification
- Child’s birth certificate
- Parent or guardian’s driver’s licenses
- Copy of child’s immunization record
- Immunization waiver (if applicable)
- Proof of residency (lease/rental agreement, mortgage documents, property tax bill)
- IEP (if applicable)
By completing the application on Eleyo, your child will be added to our waitlist. A UCS GSRP representative will contact you by August to schedule an appointment to complete the registration process. 2022-23 registration appointments continue throughout the year. The 2022-23 school year begins in mid-September. Final placement and classroom confirmation takes place in late August.