National Junior Honor Society
Advisor: Mrs. Echols
The National Junior Honor Society elevates a school’s commitment to the values of scholarship, service, leadership, character, and citizenship. Chapter membership not only recognizes students for their accomplishments but challenges them to develop further through active involvement in school activities and community service.
Who is eligible to join NJHS?
- Students must have a 3.5 or higher GPA.
- Students must be current 8th or 9th graders.
How can I join NJHS?
- Obtain a NJHS application packet from Mrs. Echols or the counseling office.
- Complete the application requirements (including service hours) and submit your application to Mrs. Echols no later than January 2, 2023.
- Attend the monthly meetings.
- New applicants will be notified of the faculty council decision by the end of January.
When and where are the meetings?
- Starting in October, NJHS meets the first Wednesday of each month at 3:05 in room 139. Meetings last approximately one hour.
- All applicants and current members are expected to attend. Attendance is mandatory. After 2 unexcused absences, members can be removed.
- The NJHS officers and members, with the support of Mrs. Echols and Mrs. McDill, will plan at least one whole group service project each semester.
- There may be additional meetings scheduled as needed.