Dear New UCS Parent:
Welcome to the Utica Community Schools family!
We are pleased to welcome you to a community that is defined by its commitment to educational excellence. Our district has a clear mission, vision and direction that will empower your child to transform their future with nationally-recognized programs and services.
Our UCS administrators, teachers and support staff know that high expectations are vital for student success. Our students and staff strive for excellence in safe and positive classroom environments, within the arts and through athletics. It is why in Utica Community Schools we celebrate:
- Student achievement levels that outpace local, state and national averages
- A graduation rate that is among the best in the nation and 13 points higher than the state average
- Programs and services that are regularly recognized for excellence at state and national levels
- A district recognized for is responsible financial management and commitment to ensuring resources directly support our educational mission
In Utica Community Schools, we believe that strong partnerships produce great results. Student success is strengthened by a positive partnership between the home and school. We encourage you to be involved in your child’s education through volunteer opportunities across the district or within your child’s school.
You will find the application for Utica Community Schools at the right side of this page. We have also included many other links that will help you realize the value of a UCS education. I encourage you to visit these links to learn more about our district.
If you need additional information regarding your child’s education, I encourage you to talk directly to your child’s teachers or school principal. If you have questions, concerns, or want to share positive stories regarding your child’s experience, please feel free to call my office at any time at 586-797-1100.
Welcome again to your new UCS family.
Robert S. Monroe
Superintendent of Schools
As you begin the registration process, please have the following documents ready to upload into the application:
- Child's birth certificate
- Michigan driver's license, Michigan ID or a work photo ID
- Current property tax bill, current lease agreement or closing documents (for recently purchased homes)
- Immunization records detailing the day, month and year your child was vaccinated against measles, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus, polio, hepatitis B and other serious illnesses. If you need information on immunizations waivers or forms, please visit this Health Department Forms link.
Online UCS Registration Form (Important - Please have the documents referenced above ready before you begin this process as they are required to register).
Once you complete the registration, you will receive directions to set up an account through our student management system - PowerSchool Parent Portal. The email will come from Enrollment@uticak12.org. For help setting up a PowerSchool Parent Portal, please visit this page for directions on creating a new parent account.
Please Note - The online registration tool is not compatible with older versions of the Internet Explorer browser. Please use the Microsoft Edge browser, Firefox or Google Chrome to complete the registration process.
Are you joining UCS from another district? After you complete the registration process, you will be asked to provide your new UCS school with the most recent report card to assist with grade and class assignment. School officials will contact your child's previous school for the complete transcript.
Kindergarten Waiver Form
According to Michigan Law, if a child residing in Utica Community Schools is not five years of age on September 1, 2023 but will be five years of age on or before December 1, 2023, the parent or legal guardian of that child may enroll the child in kindergarten for the 2023-2024 school year if the parent or legal guardian notifies the school district in writing.
To download the kindergarten waiver form, please complete the waiver form and return to your child's school.