Application Process for GLK-UAIS
Application to GLK-UAIS consists of two parts:
1. The Application - Applications are not yet available for the GLK-UAIS Class of 2027. The application will be available on the UCS home page from January 20th(4pm) to January 27th (4pm) Please make sure you receive and save the confirmation email after applying.
2. Entrance Testing
There is no minimum GPA requirement to apply. Supplemental materials (letters of recommendation, student work, etc.) cannot be submitted as part of the application process. Prospective students and their parents may only provide information required on the application.
All prospective students and parents are strongly encouraged to attend the UCS Pathways to Success event (January 17th) and GLK-UAIS Information Night (January 10th) to learn more about the Academy. GLK-UAIS has one hundred ten (110) seats for students applying during their 8th grade year. Eligible students who are interested in applying must submit a complete application to Pupil Services and participate in entrance testing at GLK-UAIS.
Applicants will sit for Writing and Socratic Elements during GLK-UAIS entrance testing. Students will also take a PSAT 8/9-style exam for the Math portion. This will be taken at whichever secondary specialty program is listed as their #1 choice preference.
Six Traits Writing Rubric
Socratic Circle Rubric
PSAT Math Overview Link
GLK-UAIS Entrance Exam Results Guidelines
The following rules and guidelines are in place regarding our entrance testing:
1. We do not give access to assessments (including review, student scores, or cut scores)
2. Students may not retest for acceptance
3. We will not make individual meetings to discuss testing successes/failures
4. We will not provide student scores
5. We will disclose location on waiting lists
GLK-UAIS Transfer Policy
UCS students cannot transfer to GLK-UAIS in the 10th, 11th, or 12th grades. Students may be granted the opportunity to transfer to GLK-UAIS provided that they matriculate from a comparable IBO World School, space is available, and we can provide a schedule that meets program requirements for our students. For more information about transferring from another IBO World School, please contact our IB Diploma Coordinator, Christopher Layson, at Christopher.firstname.lastname@example.org.