What You Will Learn:
Students will make a difference by providing quality care alongside experts in many different healthcare professions. They will apply the health care skills they master in class to a variety of clinical environments while developing a professional work ethic and the ability to provide compassionate patient care.
Students will learn the core and foundation skills (temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, etc.) for health fields such as medical assistance, laboratory, medical office technology, optical technology, nursing and sports medicine. Also, students will gain an understanding of all areas of the health curriculum including: safety, anatomy and physiology, asepsis, ethics, medical terminology, pharmacology, illness prevention and office procedures.
- VPAA - Visual, Performing & Applied Arts Requirement
- OLE - Online Learning Experience Requirement
- SMR - Senior Math Related
Ability to earn Industry Credentials based on student performance:
- Certified Patient Care Technician
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Physical Therapy Technician Certification
Articulation with Colleges and Universities:
- Michigan Statewide Postsecondary Credit Agreements
- Baker College
- Northern Michigan University
- Washtenaw Community College
- Macomb Community College
Listed below are potential careers at different experience/educational levels. Students and parents are encouraged to use their Xello account to find out more about careers in this pathway. The career is also linked to O*NET Online, which is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor, employment and training administration.