Utica Community Schools offers two types of choice options to district families and non-resident families interested in our exemplary schools.
If at any time you have a question regarding Utica Community Schools or the enrollment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current UCS residents
Families who are interested in transferring to another school within UCS may complete this form.
In-district transfers are considered based on enrollment levels at each school. You can see schools and grade levels that are currently available at this link. In addition, the secondary schools that your child would attend follow as much as possible the attendance areas for Utica Community Schools. You can view the progression at this link.
Schools of Choice
Students from Macomb, Oakland, St. Clair, Lapeer and Wayne Counties are all eligible to enroll in UCS through Schools of Choice.
Applications are available here. Once enrolled, students become part of our UCS family and there is no need to reapply.
Openings are available throughout our schools depending on overall enrollment. All schools offer the nationally recognized curriculum and opportunities available to Utica Community Schools students.
Schools of Choice transfers are considered based on enrollment levels at each school. You can see schools and grade levels that are currently available at this link. In addition, the secondary schools that your child would attend follow as much as possible the attendance areas for Utica Community Schools. You can view the progression at this link.
Depending on your preferred schools, applications will be considered either shortly after they are received or – depending on enrollment levels at your selected schools – by April 2, 2024. This will provide time for enrollment projections to stabilize for schools that may be nearing capacity.
Once your student is enrolled through Schools of Choice, your child becomes part of our school community and there is no need to reapply.
Explore the Value of a UCS Education
What is the value of a UCS Education to our Community?
- Strong parental involvement
- Community-wide commitment to a safe and positive learning environment
- Nationally recognized programs and services that are unique to Utica Community Schools
- Student achievement that outpaces county, region and national levels
- A vision that empowers students to transform their future and the world
- Strong property values that grow from UCS as a destination district for families
- Close partnerships with local businesses - small, large and Fortune 500 - that support our community's economic strength
As Michigan’s second largest school district, Utica Community Schools offers a variety of award-winning programs as unique as the students we care for. UCS creates an educational experience tailored to each child’s individual needs.
Our student-centered approach grants us one of the top graduation rates in the nation and our students go off to become not only leaders in the workplace, but also engaged members of their communities. We support the whole child, both educationally and emotionally. Imagine the possibilities with the advantage of a Utica Community Schools education.
Students from Macomb, Oakland, St. Clair, Lapeer and Wayne Counties are all eligible to enroll in UCS through Schools of Choice. Applications for the 2024-25 school year will be available beginning January 3.
Let’s explore the value of a UCS education for your children together.
The Advantage of a Utica Community Schools Education
- Student achievement levels that outpace local, state and national averages
- 1-to-1 technology for all students
- All kindergarten and 1st grade students receive an iPad
- Laptops provided for all students grades 2-12
- Programs and services that are regularly recognized for excellence at state and national levels
- Nationally recognized Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate programs, as well as specialty programs including the Utica Center for Science and Industry, Utica Center for Mathematics, Science and Technology, the Stevenson Center for Manufacturing, Automation and Design Engineering and the Utica High School Health and Human Services Academy.
- Comprehensive Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs that link students directly with business partners and provide certification and/or college credit.
- A 93% graduation rate - more than 13 points higher than the state average
Questions? Email email@example.com
Learn more about UCS programs